Your CBD Questions, Answered
Is CBD legal?
Yes, it is legal in all 50 U.S. states without a prescription.
Will CBD get me high?
No. Unlike THC, CBD does not cause a high. CBD is an advantageous daily nutritional supplement since there are minimal side effects.
Will CBD cause me to fail a drug test?
Whole-Plant CBD products contain trace amounts of THC (less than 0.3%). It is possible to test positive on a drug test when consuming even trace amounts of THC.
Our THC-free CBD products are tested at several intervals of the manufacturing process to ensure undetectable levels of THC. In rare cases, it may be possible to trigger a false positive on a drug test when using THC-free products due to other cannabinoid metabolites.
What are cannabinoids?
Cannabinoids are the primary chemical compounds produced by the cannabis plant and there are more than 85 identified cannabinoids. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the most well-known cannabinoid produced by the cannabis plant and is the ONLY psychoactive cannabinoid. Of the 85+ non-psychoactive cannabinoids, Cannabidiol (CBD) is the most widely known.
What's the difference between CBD and THC?
Cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) are the two main ingredients in the marijuana plant. Both CBD and THC belong to a unique class of compounds known as cannabinoids.
- The High - THC is probably best known for being the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana. CBD, however, is non-psychoactive. In other words, CBD can’t get you high.
- Anxiolytic - THC is known to cause some people to feel anxious or paranoid. CBD is believed to have the opposite effect.
- Antipsychotic - In addition to being non-psychoactive, CBD seems to have antipsychotic properties.
- Legal Status - While most countries have strict laws surrounding marijuana and THC, the legal status of CBD is less clear. The FDA of the United States considers hemp oil (and it’s derivative CBD) to be a nutritional item (not a medication), since they are derived from industrial hemp plants. If you live in the US, this means you don’t need a prescription and can legally purchase and consume Cannabidiol in any state.
What are terpenes?
The cannabis plant consists of a wide variety of chemicals and compounds. About 140 of these belong to a large class of aromatic organic hydrocarbons known as terpenes (pronounced tur-peens).
Terpenes, unlike cannabinoids, are responsible for the aroma of cannabis. The FDA and other agencies have generally recognized terpenes as “safe.” Terpenes act on receptors and neurotransmitters; they are prone to combine with or dissolve in lipids or fats; they act as serotonin uptake inhibitors (similar to antidepressants like Prozac); they enhance norepinephrine activity (similar to tricyclic antidepressants like Elavil); they increase dopamine activity; and they augment GABA (the “downer” neurotransmitter that counters glutamate, the “upper”). However, more specific research is needed for improved accuracy in describing and predicting how terpenes in cannabis can be used medicinally to help treat specific ailments/health conditions.
What is CO2 technology?
Our product is extracted using super-critical CO2 technology, which results in a clean and safe product. To produce that clean, clear appearance of our product Hemplucid removes waxes and other resins that could affect the body’s ability to absorb the product.
How should I store Hemplucid products?
We recommend storing our products in a cool, dry location, out of open sunlight. The typical medicine cabinet or pantry should be fine.
When does CBD expire?
The shelf life of CBD oil & balms is 1 year.
What's the difference between Hemplucid and Hemplucid Zero?
Hemplucid products utilize the whole hemp plant, including trace amounts of THC (less than 0.3% which is the federal legal limit). Hemplucid Zero (formerly known as Kalki) is isolated CBD, with added terpenes.
What is the difference between Hemplucid products?
- The MCT oil is extremely mild-tasting, and uses MCT as a carrier for CBD.
- Hemp Seed Oil implements a different carrying oil, with it’s own unique health properties. This carrier oil has a stronger flavor.
- Hemplucid Water Soluble CBD is fast acting because it has nano-sized cannabinoid particles.